Learning to crochet can be a daunting task. With so many tutorials out there, it’s hard to know where to begin.
I’ve created this list of my own personal tutorials to hopefully help keep things as clear as possible! If you have another topic you’d like me to cover, reach out to me!
These articles cover the basics of crochet – from basic stitches to techniques that every crocheter should know how to do!
- Essential Tools You Need to Start Crocheting starts off with the very basics – the materials and what tools you will need to start your crochet journey!
- Learn to Crochet with these 5 Basic Stitches covers the slip knot, chain, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, and slip stitch. Also includes an abbreviation cheat sheet at the end.
- How To: Invisible Slip Stitch Finish goes over the steps to give your in-the-round projects a clean, professional finish.
- How To: Make a Magic Ring covers one of the many ways to make your first magic ring as well as how to close it.
These posts include stitches and techniques that require inserting your hook into an alternate location than the normal top 2 loops of your stitch.
- Working through the 3rd loop covers where to find and how to work stitches through the 3rd loop of your stitch. Great for ribbing and adding textured ridges to your work
- How To: Front Post (FPDC) and Back Post Double Crochet (BPDC) introduces you to front post and back post double crochets as well as some examples that they are used in.
Posts introducing new stitches and how to work them in different situations.
- Creating the Puff Stitch in the round covers working puff stitches in the round.
- How to: Crochet an I-Cord introduces the i-cord and how to create a 3-stitch cord for your projects
Foundation chains, while not one of the basics, are a fantastic technique for starting off projects. Foundation chains will replace your basic standard chain stitch.
- How To: Foundation Half-Double Crochet a step-by-step tutorial for how to complete the foundation half double crochet.